Saturday, May 30, 2009

A sluggish, ruggish bone...

Oh dude! I have eaten so much in the past week and now that it's catching up to me.... can I just put a treadmill by my bed and go at it 'til I pass out? Now I remember why I practice CONTROL most of the time! I guess it takes a week like this every now and then to help me, lest I forget!

On a serious note? I love it when I feel God fighting for me!
All those times I feel a twinge of guilt for my thoughts,
or catch myself not quite being the salt of the earth,
or realize that the frustrated words of choice are more often made up of only four letters......
those are all signals to me that He is there!

He's right there by my side every day, every step of the way. He is nudging me, reminding me that I need Him, that I am not so nice and not so selfless and not so Christ-minded when left to my own devices. And while it makes me feel so ashamed at myself for not being stronger against these things that I do not want to be known for, I rejoice in the fact that He has not left me to rot. He loves me inspite of all my faults and failures- and inspite of the fact that I outright forget who I am and who He is sometimes! 

And he fights for me! He fights to keep me by His side, regardless of all the mess that I make!

I love that. And I am so incredibly THANKFUL for His presence in my life.

1 comment:

User Not Found said...

Thank you for posting this! I struggle with the same thing, feeling guilty for sin, but it's so wonderful to know that our Lord brings conviction to our hearts and restoration to our lives!

 

ANNA-logies Design by Insight © 2009