Saturday, May 2, 2009

Oh boy!

So, took my final exam yesterday, finished commenting on our final projects this morning: FINALLY! I can celebrate the official end of my semester!

To speed up the process, I have already tried celebrating the unofficial, the semi-official, the almost official, and the not quite official endings. And it seems like it took forever to get here.

But it did!

And now I will graduate! And keep on working towards certification...

Anyway, to really make this end official, I decided to do something I have not had the time nor the energy to do recently. I cooked dinner! On my way home from taking said final exam, I called B-man to see what he might be in the mood for. Thinking that surely, since it was a special occasion and all, he would ask for something romantic: pasta or steak or grilled chicken and spinach salad with toasted pecans and cranberries. You know, something like this:



Guess what he asked for?
- chicken fried chicken
- homemade mashed potatoes
- green beans

Essentially, he wanted Cracker Barrel. And since I had not obliged his taste buds in quite sometime I said, "sure!" even though I've never made chicken friend chicken before in my life...

But it turned out GREAT! I pounded those chicken breasts, soaked them in buttermilk and Frank's hot sauce, covered them with a mixture of flour and Sauer's 'Soul Seasoning' and fried 'em up in the iron skillet with some EVOO. When Brandon came in the door with the exhaust fan on high and the smokey smell of frying grease filling the air he said, "Oh boy!"

Now granted, it did NOT look like this:


But it still got raving reviews! Especially when I surprised him by picking up some breaded fried okra too! I even made brown gravy for the taters and chicken! (figured I could save at least some calories by not using white)

For dessert- cherry turnovers! Yum-O!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh good gravy that sounds yummo! McCall asked the other day when was the last time I said yummo:) Guess he was missin' him some Rachael Ray:) Can't wait for you to cook us up some southern goodness. So proud of your for finishing strong. Love you girl!

 

ANNA-logies Design by Insight © 2009