Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pave' Maria.

I'm sorry, I had to. And if you don't get me on the title, it's because I believe "Ave Maria" to be one of the most beautiful songs ever (and very well re-mixed and danced to for Zumba! :)) and it seemed very appropriate for the subject matter in this post.

Brandon and I went to Christopher's Fine Jewelry in Pawley's Island last weekend to pick out our wedding bands! Being the planner that I am, I, quite naturally, had in mind something of what I wanted (for both he and I no less).

The setting of my white-gold, emerald-cut, diamond solitaire is a Tiffany setting and so the band is actually raised a bit so that it's not flush with my finger. I absolutely LOVE it, as any girl would the diamond that she waited for and prayed for and longed for most of her years on this earth! And what I love most about it is that it is just that, a simple, classic, beautiful solitaire in a simply elegant setting that can be dressed up or down, can be added to but never taken away from no matter what one tries to put with it. So I was rather excited about this trip back to Christopher's from whence this treasure originated!

We showed up, were served drinks by the nice lady who offered to go clean my diamond while we browsed and Brandon and I proceeded to look for bands we thought we should try. Turns out, trying on wedding bands that you are going to wear against your no-less-than-perfect diamond ring for the rest of your life, is not very much at all like trying on shoes, as I thought it might be. First of all because most all shoes in my size look decent and I don't ever have a hard time choosing because I know that there are ump-teen things in my closet that I could pair with them and second, because I know that eventually they will wear out so I can go choose more! :)

This, however, was more like trying on pants, jeans even! Because no matter what size you are, they are always cut a bit differently, made a bit differently, fit VERY differently, and so on. And with jeans especially, when you find a good pair, a REALLY good pair, that fit just right and hug your best features just right and hide your worst features just right, you wanna keep those puppies around forEVER!

We found Brandon's pretty quick. We knew what we wanted, went for it, tried a few more for good measure and moved on.

But for me, I just couldn't quite decide.
I wanted one to compliment, but not overpower.
One that was similar but didn't look like it was made together.
One that was ornate and new, but classic and ageless.
One that was antique, but not dated...

you get the picture.... it really is going to be a tough decision, and I say going to be because I have yet to make it. It's okay, I have time. I did walk away knowing this: the Pave' setting is it. It is the most beautiful against my rock and the one that makes it sparkle and shine the most! Here it is..... Pave'- oh yay!

No comments:

 

ANNA-logies Design by Insight © 2009