Wednesday, October 7, 2009

dress shopping saturday! Coming up!

Saturday is our first dress shopping day! Mama, I and my cousin, Rachel, (THE M of O) are headed to Charleston to meet up with another one of my bridesmaids and scour the wracks for some good ideas. Notice I didn't say THE DRESS. Because I already have my dress!

A few years ago when I began my weightloss journey (possible post on that later to bring you up to speed) I did believe I would lose weight. I NEVER thought I would EVER reach any size less than a 14. But as I continued my trek through the never-ending story that is "a woman's struggle with weight" the scale dipped lower and lower and the clothes got smaller and smaller, until one day, I found myself slipping into what appeared to be a TWELVE!

Being the encouragement that she is/ was, my mom mentioned that I was "almost" the size she was when she got married (and still is, BTW-go Ma!), so I decided to make that one of my goals- to fit into her wedding dress....

Well, I DID! And not only was it her wedding dress, but it was also my great aunt's wedding dress before that. So I'm gonna walk down the aisle and join my huney next June in an original vintage something-or-other, 60-year-old dress that has been passed down through 2 generations now! How exciting!

Though it has a gorgeous neckline and some very fun features, it does need a bit of "tweeking" before it's runway ready. So I'm on the hunt for the perfect fit, rather than the perfect dress. We're looking to see which waistlines, bodice, and sleeves look best on me and taking pics to show my super-sweet seamstress who is gonna makeover my dress! (thanks to one Whitney Meade for recommending her!)

Do to the fact that my Amazingly Handsome and Truly Wonderful Fiance' reads this blog from time to time (hey huney!) I won't be posting any pics of THE dress, but I will try to post some pics of the features we find and love from Saturday!

Until then- it's time for another episode of Yes, Yes, Yes, No!

Yes to the personalized fans!! We can't have an outdoor reception in June without fans!

Yes to the candy/ ice cream bar! And the cute display! There will definitely be some type of candy tent open and available!

Yes to the pinwheels! I can't wait to get a good pic of everyone blowing their pinwheels as we enter the reception!

No to the hideous tights under my dress! These may add to that vintage feel, but the temp. alone that day is excuse enough NOT to wear them- if I even need one!

Yes to programs made with butcher paper and tied with twine! I LOVE IT!

Yes to COTTON CANDY! You can't have a fair without COTTON CANDY!

Yes to such creative ways to bring light throughout the night!

NO! There will not be any broken toys in the midst of our fair. Sorry to disappoint all the broken toy collectors out there...

1 comment:

cwperez said...

Have a wonderful day shopping! How special to be able to wear your mother's dress...just another way God is blessing you!

 

ANNA-logies Design by Insight © 2009